The Tanzania Coffee Research Institute (TaCRI). incorporated in 2000 as a company limited by guarantee under the Companies Ordinance (Cap. 212), became legally constituted and operational in September 2001 with the major objective of rejuvenating the Tanzania coffee industry to sustainable prosperity, placing new emphasis on stakeholder-led, demand – driven RESEARCH FOR DEVELOPMENT. TaCRI is now seeking to employ dynamic, committed, responsible and self-motivated persons to fill the following exciting vacant positions.
Field officers (3 posts)
Location : TaCRI Lyamungo sub-station. Moshi
Reports to : Programme Manager
To support Programme Manager and Researchers in:
- Collecting and recording data from research trials both in hard and soft form.
- Planning for initial requirements for research trials in terms of agro-inputs and labour requirements.
- Organizing and supervising efficiently the daily labour requirements for research trials
- Participating in agricultural shows, appreciation of cup quality and other related events
- Carrying out field work outside his or her working duty station
- Commitment to Teamwork
- Management of research experiments
- Computer literacy with good report writing skills
Qualification and Experience:
At least a Certificate in Agriculture/Crop Production/Horticulture with proven records of achievement. Applicants with Diploma in General Agriculture/Crop Production/Horticulture will have an added advantage.
- Should have a work experience with relevance in agricultural research activities. Experience with the private sector hands on participatory approach and especially working with coffee farmers in coffee industry will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of vegetative propagation, processing, and cross breeding will be an added advantage.
TaCRI is an equal opportunity employer and offers attractive and competitive remuneration.
Agronomy skills -specific
Ideal candidate will need to have strong understanding of agronomic and breeding principles associated with production and marketing of good quality coffee or any other perennial crops.
Adapts readily to change and establishes organisational processes that foster responsiveness, readiness to change and work under diverse conditions.
Understanding and meeting the needs of internal and external customers; strong demand-led, market oriented, and participatory process of technology development and dissemination.
Shows commitment to the teamwork and finds the best solutions by working positively and cooperatively with others, good leadership, high standards of performance, a sense of urgency, and mutual respect and integrity.
- Strong command of spoken and written English
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-culture society
- Ability to work independently in an organized manner, conscious of time
Mode of application:
- An application letter in your own handwriting or typed
- Fully typed Curriculum vitae
- Certified copies of relevant certificates
- Full postal address including telephone contact details and e-mail address if any
- Three contactable references
Deadline of application:
All applications must reach the Chief Executive Director through the address below (or by email: email@example.com by 16th March. 2018.
Chief Executive Director,
Tanzania Coffee Research Institute (TaCRI),
P.O. Box 3004,