Teofilo Kisanji University Dar es Salaam (TEKUDARCE)-Dar es Salaam
1. 0 TEKUDARCE Background information
Teofilo Kisanji University, Dar Es Salaam Centre (TEKUDARCE) was established in 2011 after the decision made by Council and Board of Trustees of Teofilo Kisanji University in 2009. It is owned by the Moravian Church in Tanzania under the Board of Trustees as provided in the University Charter and Trust Rules 2010 in accordance with the Universities Act No.7, 2005. It was situated at Kijitonyama, behind COSTECH. But shifted on Ist September, 2017 to Plot No. 944 Olympio Street Upanga area (CCC-Upanga), Opposite Mzumbe University Dar es salaam Campus, Ilala Municipality, Dar es salaam.
Teofilo Kisanji University, Dar es salaam Centre aims to be a centre of excellence for acquiring skills through training in different disciplines aiming at meeting the needs of the community and the world at large.
The mission of the Centre is to provide opportunities for training, research, consultancy and outreach services in the areas of theology, education, social and natural sciences, and any other areas as the University will find useful to the community.
4.0. TEKUDARCE core values
The Centre is committed to peace building and peaceful conflict resolution through observance of human rights.
The Centre is committed to making decisions that will ensure the long-term survival of TEKUDARCE through teamwork and maximization of the value of human, financial, and physical resources.
The Centre is committed to seeking the personal and intellectual transformation through training, research and publication and public services.
Certificate Programmes (NTA 4)
- Certificate in Community Development
- Certificate in Law
- Certificate in Business Administration
- Certificate in Procurement&Supply Mngt
- Certificate in Information Technology
- Certificate in Accounting and Finance
- Certificate in Theology
Diploma Programmes (NTA 5&6)
- Diploma in Community Development
- Diploma in Law
- Diploma in Business Administration
- Diploma in Procurement and Supply Management
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Diploma in Accounting and Finance
- Diploma in Theology
- Bachelor of Arts with Education (BAED)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology&Social Work
Expected Programmes to start 2017/2018
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
- Master of Arts Kiswahili
- Master of Business Management (MBM)
For Bachelor Degree Programmes
NO CATEGORY OF APPLICANTS MINIMUM ADMISSION ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS 1. Completed A- Level
studies before 2014
Two principal passes (Two Ds) with a total of 4.0 points (where A=5; B=4; C=3; D=2;E= 1) 2. Completed A-Level studies in 2014 and 2015 Two principal passes( Two Cs) with a total of 4.0 points (where A=5; B+=4; B=3; C=2; D= l) 3. Completed A- Level studies from 2016 Two principal passes (Two Ds) with a total of 4.0 points (where A=5; B=4;C=3;D=2;E= 1) 4. Recognition of Prior Leaning qualification B+ Grade: where A- 75-100, B+65-75,B=50-64, C=40-49, D=35-39, F=0-38 5. Equivalent applicants At least four O-Level passes (Ds and above) or NVA Level III with less than four 0'-Level passes or equivalent foreign qualification as established by either NECTA OR VETA; AND
i. At least a GPA of 3.5 for Ordinary Diploma NTA Level 6 OR
ii.Average of B for Full Technician Certificates ( FTC)( where A=5, B=4,C=3 and D=2 points)OR
iii. Average of 'B+'Grade for Diploma in Teacher Education; OR
iv. Average of 'B+' Grade for Health related awards such as Oinical Medicine and others;OR
v. A Distinction for unclassified Diplomas an certificates
vi. Upper Second Class for classified non- NTA Diplomas.
For Certificate and Diploma Programmes
i. Admission into Basic Technician Certificate Programme (NTA. Level 4)
- Applicants must be holder of Form IV certificate with at least four (4) passes Or
National Vocational Technical Awards Level 3
ii. Admission into Technician Certificate Programme (NTA. Level 5)
- Applicants must be holder of Basic Technician Certificate (NTA Level 4)
in the related field OR Form VI with at least ONE Principal pass and
ONE Subsidiary for all programmes.
- Applicants must be holder of Form IV certificate with Division I to III
or G.P.A not less than 2.0 for education programme.
iii. Admission into Ordinary Diploma Programme (NTA Level 6)
- Applicants must be holder of Technician Certificate (NTA Level 5) in the related
For More Details and Apllication Please do not Hesitate to contact us through the following address:
TEOFILO KISANJI UNIVERSITY DAR ES SALAAM CENTRE (TEKUDARCE)
DAR ES SALAAM
0737206784 0712115190 Web: http://www.dsm.teku.ac.tz