School Category: Colleges
Tanzania Institute of Accountancy (TIA) was established as a Government Executive Agency under the Ministry of Finance in accordance with the Executive Agencies Act No. 30 of 1997. On 1st July 2002 the establishment Act mandated it to provide education in Accountancy, Procurement and Logistics, Research and Consultancy activities and other business related academic fields.
TIA is accredited by the National Accreditation Council for Technical Education (NACTE) as an Institution of Higher Learning, registered by NBAA and PSPTB to offer training or conduct programmes in the fields of accountancy, procurement and logistics Management and other business related fields.
Tanzania Institute of Accountancy – Kigoma campus was established in 2014 to provide education career on business related discipline for western zone regions customers.
The campus is located along Rumumba road which connects Kigoma town and ujiji town, is just 3km from Kigoma town and 2km from ujiji town,
The campus is accessible by all major routes (Roads, Railway and Airport).
NTA Level 4 Courses (One Year Course)
- Basic technician certificate in accountancy
- Basic Technician Certificate in Procurement and Logistics Management
- Basic Technician Certificate in Business Administration
- Basic Technician Certificate in Human Resource Management
NTA Level 5&6 Courses (Two Year Courses)
- Diploma in Accountancy
- Diploma in Procurement and Logistics Management
- Diploma in Business Administration
- Diploma in Human Resource Management
Minimum Entry qualifications:
(a)For BASIC TECHNICIAN Certificate Course (NTA 4) :( one year)
- At least Four passes of grade “D” in relevant subjects excluding Religious subjects or above in the Ordinary Certificate of Secondary Education. OR
- National Vocational Award LEVEL 2 accompanied with at least two passes at Ordinary Certificate of Secondary Education
(b)For Diploma Courses (NTA Level 5& 6): (Two years):
(i) Basic Technician Certificate in related programmes accompanied with at least four passes at Ordinary Certificate of Secondary Education (CSEE). Certificates from other institutes will be evaluated by the institute
(ii) Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education with at least one principle and one subsidiary in relevant subjects excluding Religious Subjects.
(iii) National Vocational Award LEVEL 3 accompanied with at least two passes at Ordinary Certificate of Secondary Education