Master’s and PhD for Tanzanians – The Fulbright Junior Staff Development (JSD) in USA
*** Application cycle 2016 – 2017 ***
- Applicants must be citizens of Tanzania or permanent residents qualified to hold a valid passport issued by Tanzania.
- Applicants must have a record of outstanding academic achievement and preparation in their chosen field of study. They must show high motivation and serious commitment to completing the program and to returning home.
- Applicants should either be candidates for an advanced degree in their current field or for a specialized non-degree program in a field for which they are well prepared. Applicants who wish to pursue study in a field other than their current field of study must demonstrate adequate background in that field.
- Applicants must be affiliated with or committed to working at an academic institution or public or private institutions in Tanzania upon return, and should have the endorsement of their home institution.
- Applicants should have a high motivation and a serious commitment to completing the program as scheduled and to returning home.
- Applicants with no extensive or recent U.S. experience will be given preference.
- Applicants must have a sufficiently high level of English proficiency to enable them to complete a full-time program of graduate study in the United States.
In Tanzania, the Fulbright Junior Staff Development Program is administered by the U.S. Embassy’s Public Affairs Section, which nominates candidates to the Fulbright Scholarship Board in Washington, DC. The Fulbright Scholarship Board makes the final selection of candidates. In order for the Embassy to complete the nomination process before the deadline date for submission, we urge aspiring candidates to submit their applications to the Embassy by May 1, 2015; applications received after this date will not be considered.
All application forms must be prepared electronically, on-line application is preferred: hand-written applications will not be accepted. Candidates must submit completed application forms, academic transcripts, and three confidential letters of reference online. Please note that only those short-listed for final consideration will be called for a panel interview. Only finalists will be required to submit their medical history, supplemental forms and complete standardized English and Graduate Record Exam tests.
The online application utility can be found on the internet at https://apply.embark.com/student/fulbright/international/20/
Applications should be submitted to:
Fulbright Program Officer
Fulbright JSD Program
Office of Public Affairs, American Embassy,
686 Old Bagamoyo Road, Msasani,
P.O. Box 9123, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania,
or by e-mail to email@example.com,
Tel: 022 2294000 Ext: 4192/4813
or via the online application process.